What will I study?
This course provides robust opportunities for learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of a wide range of subject areas relating to health and social care provision, but is useful in any area of employment which involves working with people.
It is offered here at Hillview as a two year course with the option of it being worth the equivalent of one or two A Levels. The topics studied vary according to the specific course with differing assessment types and weighting.
Learners of both courses will study units covering topics including:
• Human Lifespan Development – examined
• Working in Health and Social Care -examined
• Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs– coursework
• Either Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs or Physiological Disorders and their Care – coursework
The Diploma learners will also study:
• Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care – externally set task
• Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care – coursework
• Promoting Public Health – coursework
• Work Experience in Health and Social Care – coursework with compulsory placement hours
Where will it lead?
Students can progress into both employment and further study in all types of care – social, health, child or public services. Hillview students have elected to study Child, Mental and Adult Nursing, Social Work, Primary School Teaching, Forensic Science, Child Studies, Human Resources and many other interesting courses at university.