EXAMINATION RESULTS 2018 – GCSE (Provisional)
|English and Maths 9-4||65%||¤|
5+ A*-C inc. Eng and Maths at a grade 4+ 60.22%
- Maths results were 67% 4+ which is 8% above national figures
- English performance was exceptional with attainment and progress being far higher than national levels in all measures. 91% grade 4+, 76% gaining a grade 5+ and 33% of the cohort gaining a grade 7+.
- All indications show that the progress we make with our students across all of their subjects is far higher than national levels.
- Our A8 score is 48.94
- 76% of the grades received by our students were of a grade 4+ and 21% of these were at a grade 7+
- 62% of our students gained a grade 7+ in one or more of their subjects, supporting our highest retention rate into our Sixth Form.
- 16 of our students had an APS >70 (average grade of 7+)
- 16 subjects had over 20% of their cohort gaining a grade 7+
The following subjects achieved 100% 9-4: Biology, Chemistry, Dance, French, Physics.
The following subjects being very close to this measure: Business 92%, Childcare 95%, Drama 94%, Health & Social 97%, RS 93%, Textiles 95%.
The following subjects achieved 80+% 9-5: French (100%), Biology (91%), Chemistry (83%), Health & Social (89%), RS (80%), Physics (91%), Textiles (83%).
*Data supplied by JCQ 23 August 2018 – UK Candidates
EXAMINATION RESULTS 2018 – A LEVEL (Provisional)
Combined academic and applied courses grades, based on equivalence for UCAS points for progression to further education.
In 2018, Hillview has maintained its usual high standards of student achievement. Students secured amazing grades in both academic and applied courses, which allowed them access to excellent post-18 progression (see table to the left). All of our students have moved on to a positive destination in employment, apprenticeships, further or higher education. For students wishing to go to university 97% secured places, with 92% of those receiving a place on their first choice course at their preferred university.
Highlights include: Art (63% A*-B), Childcare (100% A*-A), Dance (100% A*-B), Textile Design (1/3 of students gaining A*-A), English Literature with 100% A*-C and English Language and Literature (40% A*-B), Religious Studies (80% A*-C), Sport (88% A*-A) and our Applied Science with 70% Distinction grades.
|Hillview Academic||**National Academic 2018||Hillview Applied General||¤ National Applied General 2018|
**Data supplied by JCQ 16 August 2018 – England Candidates – Girls/Boys
¤ Not yet released